Thread: Prodisc
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 11:57 PM

Default re surgery getting better and time

I hope everyone gets better! I didn't have a 3rd spine surgery and I'm happy about that. I don't have any idea how much better I could have been tho I am very happy with how much better I am from where I was post failed discectomy in 1992 thru about 2005! I am still on a low dose opioid pain medication daily tho that's really it... otherwise I can walk and walk and walk tho I have posterior tibial tendonitis in both feet so that limits me and I'm not good at sitting tho better than I used to be most definately.

I thought I was autofused at L5S1 tho after seeing my OSS and having recent xrays he said my facets are autofused at that level and hence the reduction of pain~ whatever~ I'll take it!!!!

I started on this spine journey back nearly 30 years ago. Life hasn't been easy tho it's improved and I am thankful for that. I still have flare ups tho few and far between (esp. with my new tatami platform bedding).

For those that had ADR and improved as much as they did I'm still wow-ed and for those that had fusion and improved I'm wow-ed too... for those that have had failed surgeries and/or continuing difficulties I just hope that better days are coming.

Best spiney wishes for all! Maria