View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 07:14 PM

Default Sciatica returns

Hi
I had surgery on Aug 4th of this year and woke up with my sciatic nerve so mad at me . Ended up i couldn't walk the pain was so very bad if my toe even touched the ground. No rest possible. So after 5 1/2 half weeks in a wheelchair or bed i had a second surgery to remove the hardwear that had just been put in the lumbar area. The pain went away. It was caused because the screws were pulling out and got the nerve tangled up in them. that is the way i describe it anyway. But that doesn't explain why right after surgery it was so bad, it did get worse when the screws started loosening. Anyway , i thought that problem was long gone.
Two days ago, my right leg started hurting when i was just walking. so i didn't do much of anything. Now the last 2 nights my legs have hurt enough to keep waking me up at night. The left leg is definitely the worst right now and is really reminding me of that time in Aug. Not as bad, but the same pain . Help. I really don't know what to do. I will call my surgeon on Monday if it remains the same. I do see my physical therapist on Monday too and get his insight. No fun , i was just ready yesterday to go for my first post surgeries hike. When i was getting dressed and realizing i couldn't step up or bend my leg without any pain, i desided to forget the hike or walk or anything. sucks.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot