View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 07:09 AM

Default sciatica

Judy,
Sorry to read this. I think the only words of wisdom I have are it sounds like you did the right thing abandoning the walk and not further aggravating the situation. I'm hoping it's temporary.

I have been walking alot. In fact today I got overzealous and did two long walks amongst my 4 shorter dog walks. On the 2nd walk in the evening nearly on the way home my right foot tendonitis kicked in again!

Ratz! This stupid posterior tibial tendonitis seems to never go away completely (which I knew it wouldn't just have forgotten I had it as I was doing so well).

Can't find my foot braces now as it's been so long since I've worn them and have to wear them to bed as it helps to immobilize from nearly any movement.

Wonder if that would work for your sciatica? I am remembering a long time ago a woman that I worked with told me in her country they put her in body cast when she hurt her back and had terrible sciatica. She was in the hospital and wore the cast a month I think and then of course she had muscle wasting all over but she said she stopped having back probs and sciatica after that. I had never heard of that before. I do see that immobilization is used at least short term of ligament/tendon type orthopedic injuries of the knee and foot more now before surgery.

Ok blabbing on here.. will stop and just hope this goes away soon for you!