View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 12:34 AM

Default piraformis syndrome

Judy,
I had this or so the PTs thought during a very prolonged period of time post my 2nd back surgery tho when it was very well addressed by a PT in 2001 with about a year's intensive treatment in this area as well as with SI joint probs, cervical probs and other stuff I finally got some good relief. Now adding to the PT was the start of ESIs and my opioid pain medication (had already been on Neurontin for 3 years prior to this round of PT).

The physicians at the time were very non committal re what my exact problem could be tho they did authorize the PT and other things but I felt the PT that worked with me intensively made all the difference.

However my probs were most intense from 1992 (post 2nd spine surgery and failed back surgery to 2001/4). Prior to 1992 I had episodic pain and the episodes were bad but at least not continuous neverending and chronic.

Good luck.

Re the posterior tibial tendonitis I fit that diagnosis perfectly unfortunately. It has cleared up again thankfully. My dog walks have been shorter with the exception of one longer one today and no "me" walks the last few days.

Good luck Judy. Hope you get some relief very soon.