View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 10:10 PM

Default your surgery

Hey Blair,
I canceled my surgery today again because Dr.D's secretary didn't get the message when I left it thru the general office staff. She said that happens. I felt bad because I had given nearly a month's notice and should have called again to follow up but didn't because of other things going on.
Thankfully she said just reschedule when I'm ready and sometimes Dr.D is booked up 8 weeks in advance so I should get a date going soon. Still trying to figure out when I'll do the other foot surgery since still recovering from the last one (only able to wear sandals still but walking more). My low back has been screaming at me lately since I haven't been walking much.

I just wanted to add that I think your anxiety is really normal normal normal. At least you aren't like me and you will stick to your surgery schedule. Good girl!!!!!

Also sorry that you were bothered by what someone said to you regarding your surgery~ having met you, I can vouch for the fact you are far from crazy and just following a rational plan to try and fix your spine so you can move on. We all have to make decisions on what to do with OUR bodies and I believe this particular person is really hurting from the outcome of his wife's surgery~ he probably didn't mean to make you feel badly but rather to implore you to think more about the surgery which of course as we all know we each think so much about our spines and surgeries that are recommended it's practically as tho we are possessed and definately obcessing (at least I do)...

Wishing you some peace, I know it's hard to come by right now tho I hope it comes your way~

Last edited by Maria; 04-30-2007 at 10:12 PM.