Thread: epidurals
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 PM

Default my ortho doc

when I had my ortho doc refer me to my neuro, first thing he said, was, that he (Neuro doc) will probably recommend a fusion, and I went to a pain management doc also, he did thoracic steroid shots, didn't help, he tried acupuncture, didn't help, he wouldn't do anything for my neck, why I don't, he said he wouldn't do my neck when I asked him, because my neck pain was worse then my thoracic area, and, after I was hurt, I went back to work as soon as the doctor would release me, and tried for 1 1/2 +- to work through, thats what I did before, when I got hurt, but ended up getting worse instead of better, extreme head aches when wearing hard hats, neck got where I couldn't look up, found out that I can't hang upside down anymore, get extremely dizzy, I have permanent restrictions that were put on me for a shoulder injury which I had from the same fall, which in construction, there is no permanent light duty,,, with being a electrician, my work works out every part of the body, from climbing 100' towers, digging ditches, pouring and finishing concrete, most of doing the job is working over your head, looking up, reaching up, climbing up and down ladders, if you have ever worked concrete, it works your total upper body,,,, nothing seemed to help me get through the pain, thats when the doc took me off work, when I just couldn't do it and think anymore because of my pain, now I am taking oxy, and Gabapentin, and the ladder the last month seems to help more then just the oxy alone