Thread: epidurals
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:57 PM

Default your work

I can't even work out my upper body mildly without having neck and thoracic pain now so I just don't do it. I stick to walking or lower body exercises the latter of whiic can exaccerbate my lower lumbar probs as well so mostly it's walking for me re some kind of exercise.

At some point we have to make a decision what we're going to do. I had 2 spine surgeries while I was an RN,NP and instead of getting better had a failed 2nd surgery and was much worse so I worked another 8 years tho had to go to part time work and even that was incredibly difficult for me and finally I applied for permanent disability.

I've never had cervical ESIs. I have friends who have but when it came to me at first I was offered it and then when I said I wanted it the offer was withdrawn.

After a while my cervical spine issues seemed to ease off. I must admit that I don't think any of my spine issues would have eased off if I continued working and I doubt I would have been able to turn down another surgery if I didn't pursue permanent disability.

Again we do have to make some choices and sometimes one doesn't seem much better than another or at least certainly not perfect as in what we really want.

I do wish you the best as I can imagine you are suffering greatly with your injury. Good luck and please keep us posted~ Maria