View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 09:29 AM

Hi, its me again.

The meeting with the professor on February 14th went great. Dr. Bertagnoli took his time to explain to me every possible options and risks, he was very precise about it and I think that is what i liked the most.

Basically he agreed on the cervical peek cage removal because it was very loose, fusion didn't occur. Before I knew it, I was already scheduled for two surgeries.

One in the neck, the other one is a 360 degrees stabilisation of the segment l4-l5. I didn't mention it earlier because I didn't have any questions about it.

I underwent cervical surgery on March 15th. I am doing fine so far, but of course i will have to wait to be sure that everything is ok.

Right now I am in Bogen at the hospital.

Besides some confusion about the surgery date, I've been treated well since day one. The hospital is efficent and the staff is like it should be, professionally speaking. No complaints at all.

I will have to come back here again on April 7th for the big lumbar surgery. Bertagnoli will go for Adr on l4-l5 disc and at the same level he will put a dynamic device to compensate the broken joint (unfortunately i don't remember the model of said device). Surgery will last 7-8 hours straight.

I will keep you posted,

Best of luck,

Amber