View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 05:42 PM

Default Central sleep apnea

I am rather new to this site, and this is to be my 1st post, so go easy on me!

I am a 27-year-old female, diagnosed with central sleep apnea 3 years ago, after having several operations on my brain and spinal cord. I have since been fitted with a bipap to wear at night, and I do have to wear it or I think my pulmonologist would absolutely go crazy! Every appointment I have with her, she stresses how important it is for me to wear the mask, and how severe my case of central sleep apnea is. She is the only reason why I have been so faithful with wearing mine every night, because honestly, I don't feel any better, any more wide awake, any feeling of being rested, after nights that I wear the bipap as opposed to nights without it. Her explanation for this is that the situation is so severe and went by for years unnoticed before it was caught..? This explanation really doesn't help explain it, and it is beyond frustrating because it is a daily problem for me, something that I struggle with constantly!!

I would love to hear if your doctor has something to offer you for this, as I am always searching for answers!

Margaret