View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 11:08 PM

Default Pro disc

I have had a pro disc since 2001, yes one of the first in the FDA study. I can tell you recovery was easy had prior lami that was more difficult. Within a few months I felt good. I have had pains here and there but pro disc remained as implanted and fine mostly any nerve pain prior to the pro disc. That said it was a success....issues I wish I knew before, if ever to be replaced or it failed that secondary surgery can be dangerous, no I have never needed a second surgery but that does put some fear in me though I am still unclear if it ever did fail could they just fuse by putting instrumentation in back of spine to lock a pro disc in place...question I never get a clear answer on...thus this issue is one i often wonder knowing now would it alter my choice...

But the pro disc has been good to me no issues in surgery or its performance...but I have given you an objective view from likely having this the longest of usa patients though euros have had it about nine to ten years before me...

I wish you an educated decision and good luck...and yes my pain in that area caused by my disc never returned nor any collateral issues to that disc area...