View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 10:43 PM

Default Update

I'm going to keep this short, but plan on coming back later to expound.

The short story is that I am doing awesome. I still work as a firefighter (Captain).....I have 2 little boys and 1 on the way (due June 3rd/another boy), am in the gym 3-5 days a week, coach my oldest's soccer team, and raced (in an actual bicycle race) for the first time since 2005 2 weeks ago, and felt great.

I want to post more about this later, because I think there will be some great "lessons learned/trading of info", but I have had bilateral hip scopes over the last 2.5 years for a condition called Femoral Acetabular Impingement (FAI)...which my orthopod MD believe caused or rapidly accelerated my back issues, and also contributed to pelvic dysfunction. It's been a long road back, but I feel fantastic. I do (as does my wife) pinch myself day to day (never forgetting where we've been), feel blessed, take great care of myself, pick my spots....and forever remain thankful to Mark Mintzer and Dr. Zeegers.

Attached is a family pic...a little dated (about a year and a half)....but a very happy/healthy family
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Finley-Fam.jpg (103.9 KB, 17 views)

The Bionic Man - "We'll make him better than he was before...Better, Stronger, Faster"...well not quite but you get the idea

Last edited by Firerescuefin; 05-24-2013 at 10:47 PM.