View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 03:57 PM

Default remodeling

Lauren,
I think that means the fracture is trying to heal. I would imagine that you might be going thru a very difficult and painful stage and that this is slowing down your lifestyle quite a bit.

Most likely the disc bulge is giving you the greatest amount of problems/pain I'd imagine tho I could be wrong. I think that if it's still exising and causing you so much pain perhaps when you're a bit older you'd be a surgical candidate or if the disc bulge is creating problems that necessitate immediate surgical intervention such as incontinence of bowel or bladder, loss of use of an extremity due to extreme numbness and or tone.

Make sure you know when your symptoms are considered to be emergent so that you would not lose any time being seen and treated if this should happen. I"m not saying it will ~ just best to know.

I hurt my back when I was 27-28 and didn't have my first surgery until I was in my 30's so it's possible that disc bulges can just be a super big pain without becoming an emergency situation.

I know it stinks to have this much pain when you're so young. I do hope that you can get thru your University studies and that things will work out for you with regard to your back/life.

take care ~ Maria