View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 11:05 AM

Default ADR scheduled tomorrow and need opinions

I have surgery scheduled with Dr. Clavel tomorrow for 2 level ADR at L4-S1. I went through consultation today in person. Seems like the right guy to have this type of surgery. I am using the next 24 hours to make sure it's worth the risk. I currently have leg pain/numbness after walking about 100 feet. Sitting and laying down is fine. Back pain is constant. L4-L5 is pretty much bone on bone. Not too much long before it starts to fuse. L5-S1 is where my leg pain originates. All that said, I feel ADR is necessary to remove the crowding from the DDD and obtain healthy facets and bones. However, I have been told by US doctors to try everything minimally before fusing or even ADR. I was told that performing foraminoplasty may relieve leg pain and numbness. All that said, after reading the risks with ADR, I am wondering if foraminotplasty is worth a try as well as a spacer (not sure of the device name) in between the joints at L4-L5 to relieve some of the crowding and future complications. Sorry for the ramble here but just looking for opinions.

Last edited by Mike C; 06-11-2013 at 12:24 PM.