View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 01:15 AM

Default re surgery

Judy,
I think it's good to get other opinions. Maybe even about this opinion. I would run it by your surgeon just to see what he says. Just because he hasn't offered it doesn't mean he may not think it worth doing or be Ok with someone else doing it. Surgeons can have limitations and some will admit it and some will not however I think at least if you talk to your surgeon about it hopefully he'll give you the best input he can with regard to why or why not he'd consider it for you even if someone else is performing the surgery.

I also wonder what adaptive equipment might you use to support your body without having surgery should your surgeon not recommend this surgery?

Will your spine continue in this pattern over time w/o any intervention?

It sounds like so much surgery to go thru and also to replace hardware that was so recently put in ... what would the consequences be of waiting a bit longer just so your body would have some time in between surgeries? Would it be worse for your spine or ??

I would try to find out as much as you're able with regard to this surgery and anyone that's had it or something similar as long as it's not an emergent situation to have surgery even though you may really want to get it done as soon as possible.

Lots to think about and research and check out so am wishing you the best with this! Maria