View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 07:28 PM

Randy i am sorry the chiro is having a hard time with your back. I saw DrCostigan yesterday and he said i have been his most difficult case and he is now presenting my case to the next meeting of the USC spine surgeons to get an opinion on which type of surgery will help me with my hunched over posture which is progressive. I thought i was all set in my decision to have a certain type of surgery at Cedars, but he put a wrench in that and now i have so much more i do not understand . I guess i am lucky that he really does care deeply as my insurance pays him almost nothing as he is out of network. He said not to worry about my bill , he is only doing this to help me . So if you do get to see him, please do tell him i sent you. He can be rushed and i think if you mention my name it will be a better appointment., I think when i first met him ,well the second time, i kind of felt rushed and asked him to have a seat as i was not done with my questions, (in a nice way of course) and now i always get more than enough time, he also at this point knows pretty much about my whole life!! So it is still confusing and i have been dealing with back pain for over 10 years.
Mayvbe i would go back to DrSeltzer and fill him in on how you feel and as Maria said take a list of questions, or just a list of your symptoms and things you need help with so he hopefully will let you have some time.
Judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot