View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 09:55 PM

Default New Member: Cervical ADR 2 / 3 level

Hi, I have been perusing through your forum trying to glean information about surgeons, ADR devices, and surgical outcomes in hope of affirming my most recent decision to have ADR surgery at 2 (possibly 3) cervical levels.

In 2006, I had C5/6 discectomy and fusion (anterior). In 2008, after a car accident, I began having symptoms of burning between my shoulder blades, arm pain, shakes and tremors, tingling, and horrific migraines along with neck pain. So be it, I returned to have further diagnostic tests; only to find that I had damaged discs both above and DDD below my fusion. US doctors only suggested multi-level fusion (insurance dictated), and I decided to abstain.

Well after five years, I finally digressed and was ready to fuse when I learned about ADR as an alternative. After doing much research regarding physicians, I had narrowed my physician search down to Dr. Bertagnoli (ProSpine, Straubing, Germany) or Dr. Bierstedt (Hattingen, Germany). I feel both surgeons had vast experience with multi-level and would be a good choice either way. The difference is the use of ADR device. Dr. Bertagnoli suggests the PRO DISC C Nova while Dr. Bierstedt recommends the M6.

At this point, I had made a preliminary decision to see Dr. Bertagnoli (ProSpine). I am nervous about the choice of ADR. I have been hearing both positive and negative outcomes pertaining to "keeled" devices, and the possibility of resurgery. Help me out here. I am not an engineer, but I want to make the most informed decision. Most surgeons have a personal stake in their device. The M6 (being new) seems to have a flood of great responses - but again....not sure?????