View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 03:27 PM

Thank you for responding. I agree with you that the effectiveness and success of the device largely depends upon the physiology of the patient and expertise of the surgeon. I am running every possible test while waiting for my surgery (9/24/13) so that I can insure as much possibility for a successful implementation as possible; i.e. metal allergy, bone density, etc. At least it keeps me proactive while I'm anxiously waiting. Dr. Bertagnoli's office did a great job addressing my concerns and answering my inquiries. I feel more confident about my choice. It seems that there is a lot to be concerned about with mobile devices and hope that their longevity outlives me. For me, fusion wasn't the answer. I'm such an active person that the chances of reinjury, subsequent DDD, herniation, disc bulges, are too likely.

I haven't read about recent patients (past year) that have seen Dr. Bertagnoli. If there are (and I just can't locate), please redirect. I am always interested in hearing others opinions and experiences. Otherwise, I anticipate posting my positive experience 8 weeks from today.