View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 04:59 PM

Default sometimes

It takes way more than a week in the hospital to diagnose exactly what is causing the pain(s) and sometimes if enough tests are done and they're the right tests to rule out things and rule in others or exclude/include you may get lucky.

For your PM visit I'd have your sequence of events listed clearly and succinctly. Hopefully at least you can get some adequate pain management to hold you over until the best diagnosis and treatment plan is determined.

My spine journey has been going on since around 1981. I still have problems but not to the horrendous extent I did before or at least I am medicated and have adjusted to what I live with and without.

Then again I've not had an MRI since 2006 so maybe I have more going on than I realize but at least it feels well managed.

Talking with Mark (mmglobal) here may be very helpful to you as he's a spine patient advocate and many of us have utilized his services and been very glad we did!

Please update us with how things progress for you. I also recommend if surgery is recommended to get more than one opinion (at least 2 and maybe 3 or more). Sometimes you know you really like the one person you're seeing and you may not feel like getting other opinions however I think it's a good thing whenever surgery of any certain magnitude is recommended.

Good luck~ Maria