View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 06:40 PM

I am so sorry you went through with all that and came out the same way you went in.
I agree with Maria, get it all written down in order of what went on in the hospital.
Explain what was tried for your pain and did not work in order as well as i am sure she said.
GEt that pain under control, hopefully this pain doc will be excellent and will be able to do this for you.
Then start on getting opinions on what would best help you if regarding surgery.
I recently was all set to have a certain type of anterior fusion on my thoracic spine as the posterior failed miserably last Aug/sept. My nerves got involved with screws which were pulling out and i was in bed or a wheelchair for 6 weeks in horrible pain near a 10 waiting for surgery to remove all the offending hardwear.
Well i went for a second opinion and a whole different type of surgery was recommended. It made much more sense to me. Back to the original doc and presented this to him,, now he is presenting my case to a group of spine surgeons that meet every 2 weeks and next week i will find out what they came up with. Kind of like getting a bunch of opinions without all the running around. So my point is really get at least a second opinion.
Good luck with this and now that we are thinking about you, please let us know the outcome.
You could also start your own thread so it could get more attention
Judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy