View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 02:05 PM

Default Neck and thoracic pain

This is not my first experience w/cervical pain but it is the first prolonged aggravation I've experienced in maybe 3 years or so. Also my thoracic spine feels like mid spine something is broken right about T6-7 (where I have scoliosis).

My bedding has been bothering me. I switched from sleeping on a traditional mattress to sleeping on a tatami platform bed but it was far too firm so have a 3 inch firm futon on it and that was too firm so had 2 mattress toppers on it and that worked since about October or November 2012. Of late it's been really driving me mad so I went out and bought a new mattress which arrives Friday.

I have an appointment on the 13th with my PCP so I think I'll report this pain if still present to see about getting some updated xrays. My OSS told me long ago he thought I'd herniate in my T spine next but instead my cervical spine started hurting me which was about 12 years ago. I've had a few cervical MRIs in the past but nothing that was shouted surgery.

While I've not noticed any weakness in my hands I have been dropping things I think with my left hand a lot. I don't feel like I'm going to drop anything I just do!

I just hope the new bedding and maybe a new pillow will be good enough therapy! I'm still packing to make a move so don't need anything else to slow me down!