View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 11:11 PM

Default your upcoming surgery

Judy,
So what is the surgery again that your regular surgeon is going to do? Anterior xyz... I can't remember.. sorry. Is he going to take out the old hardware? Or is this anterior reinforcement and ?

Sorry I've just been so inundated with my own stuff that I think I had to make space in my head by pushing out what other people said is going on with them!

I got a call today from the doc's office and I may not have the more aggressive lab work up done if they can't tell me how Cigna will pay and how much I might be stuck with. What I was told today was that they'd bill my primary insurance and medicare but I was to include my credit card number with the insurances so that could be billed the rest of what they don't pay.

HUH??? I told the doctor's office I never give my credit card number out to billed ? amount of $. That's ridiculous (at least to me)! I need to know in advance how much isn't going to be covered or at least ballpark figure.

They tried to tell me that I would be stuck with more than $150 from the Medicare part as though that was my primary insurance. I had to remind them about Cigna being my primary and Medicare my secondary. So will see what else I get done at this office. Maybe nothing. I thought we were getting somewhere finally with some good answers but like you said usually it's just more stuff popping up.. ugh!