Thread: Shoes!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 08:44 PM

Default shoes..

I have to wear pretty lightweight shoes. My tennis shoes are Aasics (sp?) Air Nimbus Gel and I'm still wearing a pair from 4 years ago. They're great, very supportive and cushioned in the right places for me. I have walked miles with these shoes in the last 6 months!

I also wear TEVA sandals and there are various ones that feel better for me, the least cumbersome yet still supportive. Also like Merrell sandals (varying models) and I have a pair of clogs sort of that I bought at an orthopedic store that are so incredibly light you wouldn't believe it and yet so comfortable for walking~ they're called " Supremes" by SoftSpots

I really have to search for shoes that are supportive for my feet (flat footed with hammertoes/one bunion left) and right knee that's had 2 surgeries and my spine of course that is problematic at 2-3 levels.

Walking is a must for me since it helps my spine to feel better so I really have to be very comfortable and light on my feet or feel that way In the past I wore Nikes all the time~ seems I just have to try and try and try and just find what is right for me at that time in my life as it seems my feet and body change as to whatever will work best when I make a purchase. If it doesn't feel right as soon as I put it on and walk in the store, forget it, I don't buy them. I don't believe in having to break my shoes in if they are right from the beginning..

Good luck and hope you'll soon find something that feels right and gives the necessary support to your spine and rest of your body!

Last edited by Maria; 05-04-2007 at 08:47 PM.