View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 11:49 PM

I spent a fair bit of money trying to find the perfect mattress and by chance eventually found the right one for me. (I don't get on with memory foam either)

Four years ago my dog had a bad injury and (I know this is utterly ridiculous, but...) I decided to sleep downstairs with him to keep him company. I used an old cheap foam mattress that was out of an old camper van. It was OK, in fact it was quite comfortable.

After a couple of months of this, the dog started to get better and we could all get back upstairs, (back to my own bed) I then realised just how uncomfortable our expensive bed was .. So I now sleep permanently on the floor on this el-cheapo piece of foam.

One great advantage of this situation is; When ever we go away and stay in hotels or with friends or family - I can roll my perfect bed up, put it in the back of the car, and be guaranteed a good nights sleep. Prior to this I used to hate the lottery of what sort a bed I would have to endure.

I think what I am using is known as a "Ripple / Egg-Box" and is supposed to be a topper for a proper mattress, but for whatever reason I find two of these on top of the carpet is the perfect answer for my dodgy back.