View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 12:10 AM

Default whatever works!

I've had 3 coil type mattresses and several futons in the last 20 years. Often I'd sleep on the floor with some type of Styrofoam type of base sold for campers (like 3 of these) and then two sleeping bags on top of that.

Did really well for a while and slept wonderfully. The cats liked it too because as they were aging they could just plop down and take over my "bedding" if I left it out which I did when using it daily. I didn't allow the dog to sleep on it because that would have been too many animals and not enough room for me. As it was often I had trouble claiming my own space.

I got nice wood platform frame and tatami mats and slept on that for a while with a thin futon on top but it became too hard and too lumpy both. The remaining 19 y.o. cat would not sleep on it.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to go back to the store and talk to the manufacturer on the phone with the sales person at the store I bought the mattress from. I don't know if I really want to pay the restocking fee as it's about $250 plus the delivery fee again for another mattress in same store. Might just keep the mattress and hope it softens up a bit on top (the cushioned part). I weigh 116 lbs so I'm don't wear things down very fast (and that's a heavy weight for me).

I like the idea of the egg crate bedding that you can roll up and take with you wherever you go. Often at friends or even in a hotel I have to take the comforter and sleep on the floor