View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 09:08 PM

Default mattress update after 3 weeks

Some would think me crazy but I believe anyone here with a bad back/neck would understand.

I bought a new mattress 82/13. Simmons Beautyrest Black Abrina II extra firm.
It was delivered 8/9/13. I felt like I was sleeping on the floor almost! My lumbar spine which is my biggest problem area liked it. My neck and t-spine and my freaking shoulder or arm that I sleep on (side sleeper) did NOT. I was bummed. Wah! I mean why why why do I have to have multiple areas of my body not agreeing on what I sleep on? I only bought the mattress and it was in my price range ($1550). I have a wood frame platform frame with tatami mats for support because I need really FIRM bedding.

I went back to the store I bought it from 8/26/13 and said it was "too" firm (like oh my shoulder is killing me from the pressure of my body and my neck is all screwed up) and I needed to switch to a different mattress while the labor day sale was still on. Done! Thanks to great sales people at Sears both in the mall I purchased it at and at another location the new mattress deal was transacted which meant I incurred almost no restocking fee and the delivery fee was waived.

Ok so new delivery date scheduled for 9/04/13.
Sure 'nuff as soon as I'd gone thru this whole process that night my thoracic spine felt better but my neck didn't.

That really made me question my Cspine pillow vs. overall too firm mattress because honestly my lumber spine is loving this mattress.

So today I called for a new delivery date of 9/10/13.

If I feel this current mattress is working for me I won't switch it out for the new one. I'm sure Sears will be happy to comply. They've been GREAT so far so why wouldn't they not want to have to deliver another absolutely new mattress to me and take one that's a few weeks slept on (tho totally covered and actually left the plastic covering on it too).

Anyway ~ yeah it does take a bit of time to break in a new mattress at least for me.

And yeah the new pillow I bought for my neck WORKED last night!!!! LegenDARY as Barney would say on The Big Bang Theory! Yes!

I love sleeping well and feeling good spinally and who wouldn't. It's has become as good as any of my dreams of traveling or "anything" almost!

Last edited by Maria; 08-30-2013 at 09:13 PM.