View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 09:27 PM

Thanks Maria,
As my luck would have it i developed foot drop on my right foot less than an hour before surgery. I was at the hospital getting all hooked up and noticed it then, my surgeon came in at the last second, they had just sent someone out looking for him!!and he ran in. I didn't even remember to tell him about it. After surgery when i told him he said they didn't operate in that area at all so at least , as Mark told me, i don't have to figure out if surgery caused it!!
My surgeon did not let me out of bed until day 4 surgery being day 1. He is not thrilled with it being only a anterior fusion. He was debating the whole time i was in as to whether he should just do the posterior side while i was still in the hospital. Then or course, there is now also figuring out the fooot drop problem and hopefully correction. I see him on Monday afternoon. I was in a lot of pain in the hospital as i needed blood on 2 different days and it is such a slow process. While it is infusing at a very slow rate the pain pump is turned off. so once for 4 1/2 hours and similar the next day. My body is funny and the day after surgery it shows as all is well with blood levels and then the day after that it drops and then the next day this time even further. OK i am rambling. Basically we may do the posterior fusion soon and i don't know what will be done about the foot drop soon. They made me a brace at the hospital and it is very comfortable. I just don't want to have to wear it. I am a loose the laces kind of girl and now here it is summer and i have to wear sneakers if i dare go out. Oh i was sent home with the instructions to wear the back brace really tight and to do nothing. i can walk fully braced up with my walker, but no doing any lifting or the usual restrictions at all. So not washing one dish or picking up one thing. That is it for now so i don't bore you to tears.
Mark thanks for the phone call and Maria at least i am not moving during this year's major surgery!!!
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot