View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 11:31 PM

Maria:

I know that this has been suggested for you 'tho our history is world's apart. I wish you were on that creepy Fosomax and I'm sure a doc could prescribe it if you really wanted it. I never knew that there is a "screwless" means of fusion; those things truly give me the creeps! Not sure if using bone from the iliac crest that growth stimulator is best; I know for Rebekah from Australia, she had too much bone grow from stuff/stimulator.

I wonder how good hip measurements are as a proxy vs. the higher lumbar regions for BMD accuracy.

Both of us were scheduled for a two-level ADR in 2003! Odd and too bad too that both of us are wondering about our facets. May I ask what surgeon told you to go for fusion vs. ADR b/c of potential facet problems (nah, doesn't matter).

I haven't considered too much S1 joint problems too seriously and have no idea, outside of epidurals, how this is handled.

I heard that Active-L causes less pressure on the facets but I could be way off here and who knows when that'll be approved (Laureyssen likes it; did/does clinical trials w/it).

So I'm afraid that both of us are in Mark territory and you certainly have legitamate concerns. What an idiot shame that the FDA can't permit off-label use of Cortoss one one is opened up - in case. Or maybe another vertebroplasty cement would do - 'tho I've heard negatives on this too.

Too similar: I "swam" in deep water (ran in place in deep water) and am munching Vicodin. Too bad you lost your months of a near-remission. My next step will be fast walking; the last time I did this on an incline, I was beached in bed for almost a week.

Didn't we used to go to the gym like crazy in our previous lives?

Yap, I'm going to speak to Mark after I get another DEXA and maybe MRI. This is Mark territory indeed.

You be well Maria.

Allan