View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 02:32 AM

Default post surgery

Sounds like you had a really rough time of things! I would guess that maybe the one level was done because that's what the insurance covers or that is what the surgeon requested authorization for so maybe that's all that could be done at the time. I don't really know if multi level cervical ADRs are FDA approved or not. Perhaps your complications were too significant to do more at the time? I've not kept up with this type of thing.

Re the pharmacy~ the doctor can order whatever but if you've got insurance that's covering the medication then you will get what the insurance will allow basically. I think that if you want to pay cash you might be able to work things out a bit better and or the doctor will need to fill out a certain type of form to give additional information why more than the allotted or approved by insurance count of medication would be dispensed. Still all in all I believe the insurance company has the last word not the physician actually. I could be wrong it's just I too had trouble when using my private insurance carrier vs. Work Comp in terms of prescriptions but that was long long ago.

You may want to talk to the insurance company and see what's going on.

Good luck with your recovery. Hopefully whatever happened will not set your recovery back too or create permanent problems for you. Please keep us updated. Wishing you the best. Maria