View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 06:34 PM

Hi AJSpine,
I will probably forget half of what you said because unlike you , i have not cut my pain meds in half. I was thinking of not taking a dose before i went to bed, but decided i would be up at 3 or 4 so i gave in and took it. I see my pain management doc in less than 2 weeks so we can discuss it then.
Now about still being tired, it has ONLY been 17 days since you had major surgery. I am about a week ahead of you surgery wise and not allowed to do anything, but i can shower and that can wear me out. Don't worry you will get your stamina back. Give it a few more weeks as i notice a difference even between last week and this week.
Now the new pain in the right arm, i would be telling my surgeon about that one. As a comparison, my surgery was done for the lower back and i still have a considerable amount of pain there, more than before surgery. They did have problems with my bones and i have new fractures do to the surgery, so that may be some of it in my case.
Remember a lot of trauma was done to your neck and it is so early after your surgery. the only thing i would be concerned about is the pain in the right arm. When is your next appointment?
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot