View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 05:52 PM

Billy Bob
I don't see an EMG testing the nerves listed in your workup. Sometimes you have to suggest things to your doctors. I have a spine surgeon that is open to my suggestions. I currently have an undiagnosed foot drop, my right foot just won't come up at all, it is so weird, i stare at it as i will it to come up and nothing happens. My surgeon said the imaging looks fine, nothing wrong. well something is wrong as in your case, so i suggested an EMg and that is what i will have next to test the nerves. It should tell where the problem is. I have taken gabapentin, basically the same as neurontin and it takes all the horrible nerve, leg pain away.
so that is what i suggest for you., It tests nerves as well as muscle function. it is not painful, just have little jolts to your nerves /muscles. i have had a few of them on different body parts and no big deal.
Other than that to test the actual disc is a test called discography, now that one is painful and costly. I cried when they tested the offending disc , which was later removed.
well a few of them .
good luck and keep us informed, i believe your pain is real., i too was an athlete and it just sucks to not be able to do the things i love. i have not found any replacements yet for my outside adventures.
Judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot