View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 03:48 AM

Smile Seroma....

Hmmm...wow. My doctor never mentioned seroma. It certainly feels/looks like it could be a seroma comparing it on google! I think he only based csf leak based on my symptoms... Terrible headache, bobble head feeling, nuaesea, sensitivity to light..... The best way can describe it is like the feeling when you are hanging upside down and all the blood rushes to your head....except i was just sitting upright. Migraine like... very weird. The doc took another series of xrays today and also visually inspected my incision ( which looks pretty great if I do say so myself!). He said the swelling was considerably less... Not something I could really tell, but since my symptoms are improving and it's definitely not a lot larger.... Doc Still believes best case is wait and see. I think any specific diagnosis would need for the lump to be aspirated/drained and in the absence of worsening symptoms, the potential increased risk of infection makes it undesirable.

I do worry about it becoming infected just sitting there or calcifying... It's big enough to be unattractive. I did determine that he believes the leak is closed.... Otherwise the swelling would have gotten progressively worse and that's why he did not order bed rest.

I wish I had posted this last week as the suggestions you provided have been great and would have given me a bit more peace of mind. Thank you again for your time and feedback!
Denied by insurance night before
Progressive myleopathy in left arm
Acdf performed 9/27/13
Possible csf leak/ seroma complication
Pain/myleopathy in left arm much improved!