View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Before I write this, I must reiterate... I'm not a doctor. I am just asking questions that I'd ask if I were with you, talking to your doctor. I am NOT suggesting that you have meningitis. I would suspect that you don't. In my experience, the symptoms would be so severe that you'd be in the ER and not capable of being on the computer.

Is it possible that the swelling under the incision and the severe spinal headache symptoms are two separate problems with two separate causes?

Would it be possible for a CSF infection to present with these symptoms that don't rise to the totally incapacitated level that I've seen in the meningitis cases I know. remember, I'm a layperson, not a doctor!

Is it prudent to rule out an infection of the CSF? If so, how? If the answer is a spinal tap, could that be combined with some contrast that would also identify a CSF leak.

Note... I would NEVER want an intrusion into the spinal canal or dura that was not absolutely necessary!

Again, these are just question and I may be all wet... Please don't horriblize over what some faceless bozo writes on the internet! While this may be a good place to get ideas and for spine patients share their relevant experiences, this is no place to get medical advice.

Good luck!

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org