View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 06:40 PM

Default while I've not been

In your situation post a surgery I've had a severe spinal fluid leak related headache 3x. The first time was when I was 16 and had to have a spinal tap. It was gruesomely painful for over a week.

The next 2 x were post myelogram even with all precautions taken such as drinking large amounts of fluid post procedure and bedrest for up to 24 hours.

Unfortunately I had to be admitted to the hospital both times post procedure and lay flat in bed for a full 7 days with a catheter in place for urination and since I was unable to defecate in this position I had to have the help of Mag Citrate on the 6th night and was finally able to use the toilet that 7th day and be released to go home.

Anytime before that if I even attempted to raise my head a little I felt like a building was sitting on my head and the headache was completely and totally debilitating.

So I wonder if you were able to be on COMPLETE bedrest such as I was if you would heal in the time I did. My Neurosurgeon at the time would not authorize a blood patch for me yet I was never given a reason why except he felt it better to hospitalize me and it worked both times.

Good luck with whatever is found out and however you proceed. Maria