View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsewell View Post
Billy Bob as far as dermatomes go my doc knew immedietly that my foot drop would be effected by the L5 nerve, It covers the top of the foot and the flexing ability. Each nerve has its area that it is that it takes care of. I hope all of this explains it to you.
Seems like the test you have not had from reading this post is the discography. As they stick needles into each disc , you can tell if one is offending. I had horrible pain that was spreading in my thoracic spine a few years ago, all tests including MRi showed nothing wrong. But my pain was getting progressively worse including the intensity as well as the area it was involved in. well when that needle went into T7 i cried it hurt so bad, i was moaning and the doctor had to stop for a few minutes to try to calm me down. There was another lower one that hurt pretty bad too, so my surgery was planned out of the outcome of that one test.
I just wish this can get figured out for you. Get copies of all your test results . Then if you are able to go to another doc, you have everything they need.
Are you able to go to another doctor by the way? I know you mentioned you are not thrilled with the one you have.
Judy

Yes the deramtones make sense now. I think mine is more L4 and L5 and maybe S1.

RE: Doctor... My DO (gen practitioner ) is a life saver. She keeps my meds caught up, got me this amazing back brace, get some amazing vitamins that help people with diabetic style nerve pain. She goes the extra mile, over and over.

The spinal surgeon... Their office is supposedly one of the best in the area. But they deal heavily with workmans comp cases. I just feel like they don't give a sh!t about me. Plus I had the three nerve root injections that caused more bad than good in the long run.

LUCKILY, I can go to other doctors. I have some very very good connections at some medical institutions. I am going to get at least one more opinion as well as one last try with the spinal doc I have been seeing.

While I am terrified of surgery I will do it if it cause this to end. I have had two operations in the past. Both for bad injuries, but neither were related or had anything to do with my back (foot and hand). I am just so very scared to have some one do surgery on my back. But like I said I will do it. Or take the right med combo, or PT combo or whatever it is. I just want to get back to lifting weights. I know is sounds silly. But being a big strong guy, almost always the strongest guy in the room, defined who I was. Now I am the "old guy" or "becareful of your back"...

Guys and Gals

Thank all of you. I really really appreciate your help and advice.