View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 06:50 PM

Default just saying

Doctor's office acts like they don't give a sh*t going into surgery makes me wonder what they'll act like on the other side especially if there are problems vs. "perfect outcome."

If you do not have emergent reasons to have spine surgery don't rush yourself or go with someone who you have a not so good feeling about re surgery because believe me if you end up with less than good or OK results or bad results you're going to probably kick yourself in the behind for jumping the gun because you "were tired of being in pain or tired of the way things are".... Back surgeries are like no other surgery with regard to predictability of outcome.

Spine surgery does not always fix things and oft times one will either have a long haul to recovery which can be surprising unless the surgeon prepares one for this (with a possible bumpy road recovery) or the recovery will not be what is expected and one might have to have more surgeries because of the surgery that one had "to FIX things."

If you are prepared for the above type of results as well as good results then you are prepared. Also I would never tell anyone who needed truly emergency spine surgery to wait but I would tell those who have a choice to really feel very comfortable with the decision you are making for all the right reasons (don't justify) because spine surgery is a super big deal/ordeal and if things don't go your way and the surgeon did everything he or she was supposed to do right and it still didn't turn out "the way expected" one doesn't want to be kicking themselves in the arse regarding his or her own decision to have surgery.

So please take the time to check this sitch out as thoroughly as you are able before committing yourself to surgery and then be prepared to accept results whatever they might be. We are all often unrealistic at what we think can be achieved with spine surgery or at least how quickly it might be achieved and/or without any other type of little problems or complications that could occur.

Good luck to you and I do hope whatever you do will help you to feel much much better and last a long time! Maria