View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 03:43 PM

Maria,
I have no idea what i have going on. My pain management doc said the lower levels would be the ones involved in the incontinence issue,the sacral levels. Anyway my spine doc told me to get an MRI as soon as possible and the imaging place at the hospital's first opening is next Sat the 26th, i believe then i will see him on Monday.
I had another problem this past week and spent 9 hours in the ER. I was gaining more and more weight , already had 2 doctors telling me to discontinue a few meds that could have been causing the problems. But when i was going to the pharmacy to get my diuretic i was so short of breath, worse than running a marathon, i stopped at a bench and called my primary who told me to og to the ER. Well they were looking for a blood clot as i had all the symptoms. They did an ultrasound of the legs and a ct with contrast of the chest , but fortunately no clot. So at 3am a doc told me i could go home if i felt ok. Well who feels ok at 3am. so i called my overly tired son and then the nurse came in to discharge me with the paperwork and proceeds to tell me i have pneumonia (the doc and i argued about that one) and congestive heart failure. the doc never mentioned the heart failure thing. So i have been a wreck. It was based on my shortness of breath, high blood pressure at the time, swelling in legs and feet , and who knows what else, oh a lab value for bnp.
My daughter came home (the one in nursing school) last night and we talked it all out and she calmed me down. I have an apt at my primary's office on Monday too. Life just stays too exciting for me .
The doc was basing the pneumonia on imaging showing atalectasis (but mine is old from my injury with DrRegan) but he just said you might have it so he prescribed antibiotics, they kind of made me take a dose there, but i did not fill the prescription, I have had pneumonia several times and know i did not have it. Oh by the time i left my bp was back to normal from pretty high. My daughter said it would be high with all the extra fluid. They should have told me that one too. Oh well it messed me up because i missed a whole night or 2 of sleep, but back to whatever is normal for me now.
My spine doc was nice enough to check up on me after my Er visit, he really is a keeper.
Update later as more develops !!
Judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy