View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 07:46 PM

Hi Jim,
No one told me I have DDD. But I guess that is what it is since my L5S1 disc was black on the MRI? I am seeing another Dr. next week (non-surgical). I will ask her to give me some terms for my condition and stuff I need to know. This is all so overwhelming.

Yes, the disc is the pain. It is not ever numbing my legs or anything. When it gets bad my back and butt get kind of numb. It gets really really painful and swollen. I think my pain was a 7/10. I would rather give birth again than go through that! I think i should have tried the ESI but instead I just got laser treatments done at the chiro and they helped me out a TON. After 6 treatments my pain was almost gone! Then i started moving stuff in my garage, picked up my kid and wham! square one! I did this 3 times! I am a complete fool! I just didn't know that I had this type of condition because i was always seeing the chiro, not the dr. The chiro is the one who helps me tons! But also, I didn't know my disc was blown ya know? so I just though i was out of shape or just had a bulge... and that there was nothing wrong in my spine. Then i got the MRI and saw 3 Drs. wow. reality check.

Anyway...I am on week 6 of this flare up. Chiro told me to do some exercises and walking this weekend. He is not going to be happy when I tell him I am doing the PT. But I think i have to at least try it? right? We will see how it goes.

I am excited about the PT. I've been so down and depressed since I found out "something is wrong with me" that i "can't fix". So, I'm pretty tired of crying at my desk. ya know? time to deal with it and make some abs of steel! and try to protect my spine the best I can!

Is that silly? I mean, when i got adjusted today my chiro said feel that? it was when i was on my stomach and I was lifting my leg straight and up towards the ceiling...and it sort of shifted. Chiro said "that needs to be tightened up". (But he doesn't want me to go to the PT because i will have another flare up??) My gut tells me he actually cares and is empathetic and wants me to be better! But you never know what everyone's intentions are! I wish people had to wear "integrity" rings that changed color so I could know. ha!

I keep having to look up all these acronyms. So you had ADR, I will probably privately message you about this.

My L5S1 hurts! But i took less pain meds today and I am feeling a little better. My pain is 3/10. I'm on 5 mg hydrocodone (just to work).

PT scheduled for NOV 11. I will keep posting on this thread to let everyone know my progress.

I hope it will be positive.