View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 04:52 PM

Default kelly's update

It has now been 3 years since my surgery.My adr is still not at a perfect angle but Dr Zeegers assures me it is adequate.The back pain has settled down again and is seldom painful.The tingling nerve pains have also settled down .I still have shooting pain down my leg and out my heel at times but is manageable.No change in the bowel,bladder or skin sensation since last update.I do believe this will be a lifelong issue.I do have an excellent Rehab Dr and she is trying to find someone with cauda equine for me to talk to.(Yes,i did try some of the forums but some are so depressing I cant be part of it).cauda equine is rare so it may be harder than she thought.My heels are dead so I never can tell if my socks have turned or come off.Hard to get shoes on without long shoehorn.absolutely no sensation from back of knees to lower waist at the back.(have fallen off a couple chairs because I misjudged either the size of the chair or my butt)lol.
Life goes on.My youngest son is off to university next fall.I have 2 dogs that need walked so that gets me up and outside.People tell me they cannot tell there is anything wrong with me by the way I walk.Thats great!!
Have not worked since 2008 and miss my job.Have volunteered with the legion and nursing homes but am not reliable as I never know how I will feel .have decreased from 2900 mg Neurontin to 2600g/day and still hoping to decrease a lot further.thank you so much for theopportunity to speak to you all as you are so knowledgable about the issues and it makes me feel better to know that strangers do care.Have a great Christmas season and will update again in the summer.(will check for any responses though)
kelly