View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Administrator

I know all the doctors you mentioned very well and have observed all but Lauryssen in the OR. While I haven't observed Lauryssen, I have spent some time with him... I like and trust him.

I find it amusing that the "Bertagnoli used ProDisc because of his relationship with Synthes" line seems to have traction. Ritter-Lang is a trainer for M6 and Stenum is a training site. That is pretty much the same relationship. I have seen Bertagnoli use other discs and I'm confident that he'd jump ship and go to another device when a better one comes along. He has removed way more m6's than ProDiscs in spite of the fact that there are many times more ProDiscs in use.

The only one of the the doctors you mentioned that makes a lot of mistakes is Ritter-Lang. All spine surgeons will have many, many successes (no matter how bad they are) and many failures (no matter how good they are). But Ritter-Lang is the only surgeon I've seen with a steady stream of unbelievable mistakes through the years. Experience does not = good. A careless surgeon causes unnecessary failures and it doesn't matter how many he/she has done. Skipping steps causes mistakes!

Send a me a PM with contact info and I'll tell you what I know.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org