View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 01:55 AM

Default thanks for update!

Hi Kelly,
I hope you're still checking the forum as I just read your most recent update.
Those are some interesting symptoms (areas of numbness) which I'm sure follow a certain nerve pattern but I really never knew it was that involved re cauda equine. I guess there are varying degrees. Amazing that you can walk and no one can really tell that there is anything amiss ~ that much is good.

I know what you mean re some of the forums being too depressing to be part of as I felt that way when I had such long lingering bad results from my 2nd spine surgery and had symptoms that lead me to be diagnosed with arachnoiditis. It was never diagnosed by MRI but the doctors I was seeing at the time said it was possible to have it and not have it diagnosed with MRI. Eventually and it was a long eventually the burning pain that I had from waist level in my backside down thru out my legs bilaterally and to my feet subsided but it did take from '92-2006ish. I finally stopped taking Neurontin in 2009 I believe.

While I do still have back issues and back pain/flare ups my latest problem has been something with my feet that I've had going on for the last 5 years. It's called Posterior Tibial Tendonitis. I had so much trouble with pain in my feet I got a wheelchair in November but have not had to use it since bracing my feet daily now all day long and wearing a certain style of very supportive tennis shoe (supportive for pronating ankles). And I just saw a Podiatrist that specializes in treating this condition and have had bilateral braces casted last week that should be ready in 10 days or so. I will then wear these braces (with built in orthotic) everyday until the summer at least and hope that the tendons can have some benefit. I might be able to take care of my dog again (my husband and I are separated and he has been taking care of her for at least 6 months now).

Anyway otherwise things are good and I am happy to just to be able to walk without pain even if I have to wear braces. I hope they will be lightweight and tolerable for my spine!

I had hoped to maybe return to work at some point in some capacity though I too have that "reliability issue" though who knows an opportunity might present itself in the future in some manner so I'll keep a positive attitude and to coin the old phrase of my generation "keep on trucking" :-D

Wishing you and your family a Happy Holiday Season and looking forward to hearing from you in the New Year! Maria

Last edited by Maria; 12-08-2013 at 01:59 AM.