View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 09:15 PM

Default re OSS visit

I saw my OSS today and he gave me a shot of Toradol for my low back. I asked him about the possibility of my back creating my ankle weakness or being involved and he said from the sound of it (I described what's been going on this past year) it's definitely all Posterior Tibial Tendonitis though he encouraged me to have the podiatrist get MRIs of my ankles to see how frayed the tendons might be.

I don't know whether to call and mention this to the podiatrist because I imagine he would have done this if he thought it was necessary to make the diagnosis and treat but I see that the didn't before prescribing the braces and this is his area of specialty so hate to say "my OSS said you should..." I have had this condition for 5 years now and been seen by one Ortho and 3 podiatrists for it. I think Dr. Richie has had a better than average success rate with persons utilizing these braces for this condition.

Oh well.. anyway I got a shot of Toradol for my back and that helped a lot because when I bent over today at one point my back seized up on me with muscle spasms and pain so I knew there'd be more of that to follow if not eased up a bit with the T injection.

Onward to the wearing of the braces!

Last edited by Maria; 12-19-2013 at 09:18 PM.