View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAngel511 View Post
Do these bulges and tears heal on their own? I confused on how thy would heal since I have gone ten years with pain that lasts a week or so once a year
In 2008 I ruptured the L4-L5 disc, the wording on the MRI results went something like "the disc is contacting and displacing the L4 nerve root" The pain I had was astonishing couldn't even get to my feet for a month, another 5 months before mostly pain free, and another 18 months to be back to normal (2 years in total) . A further three years with what I would describe as a fairly healthy trouble free back, then I managed to rupture another disc LS-L5. On the MRI for this they also commented on the condition of L4-L5 where they described it as contacting but not displacing the nerve as markedly as in 2008.

So after 5 years and what I had considered a complete recovery, the disc is very much in the same condition as it was when I was in total agony; All very disappointing, I had guessed it had returned to normal - I wonder if the nerve just gets used to the contact ?

Last edited by theBadCormorant; 01-13-2014 at 10:54 PM.