View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 02:34 PM

Default this sounds like

emergency surgery or pretty close to it.. I don't know that there's anything to say other than if you had time to get a 2nd opinion and the only one I could think to recommend would be Dr. Frank Coufal in La Jolla CA.

Sometimes we think too much and let things get beyond a stage that's repairable and I'm just concerned that while the pain management part of what you're talking about is probably huge especially to those of us that have been on pain meds (like myself for 12 years) the likelihood of being paralyzed would outweigh the other concerns to me and probably degree of multiple spinal concerns you that necessitate a rapid decision.

I hope someone with much more expertise than me that will read this will reply to you.. I have had lumbar problems for 30 years and my C spine has some "stuff" but not enough to say that I've had much experience with this area so I do hope others with c spine injuries and surgeries will reply to you.

Please keep us posted and I wish you well with everything. Look forward to hearing how everything goes. Maria

Last edited by Maria; 01-20-2014 at 03:13 PM.