View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 03:39 PM

Unhappy

Thank you, yes, was awake all night reading up here, wish today were not a holiday, so will stay in bed, meanwhile the pain is intense, keeping it iced on an off, called spinal surgeon on call at UCD, and she said same, Dr still waiting on CD in order to get the best perspective on the full surgery in his chart notes, but that surgery will be done no matter what and was written in his chart it will be scheduled as an emergency.

Just worried, scared all the above. I have been told I needed surgery since 2002, and been to the 6 top notch surgeons in the country for this, ALL threw their hands up and said not with a 10 foot pole basically..this Dr was just nicer about it,,but it is at a point where it is the only option, and no, no time for another opinion, besides the fact am not to move but to go to the bathroom and get a little food and that is it, not many choices

I am glad for the information I have found here, I will need the bone density simulator am sure of it, have osteoporosis, as for the meds, found out will be pumped full of antihistamine then given duladid for post op pain, still will not know all details until hear from doc could be today, doubtful, but tomorrow for sure, have bag sort of packed, and most arrangements in place.

It is my belief that the last epidural the dr screwed it up so bad, as he said did you here that crunch to another dr, and I have had them before, not by him, and was in horrific pain right away from it, and he hit to close to a nerve and was only able to get a little of the steroid in...the swelling started next day over area that is bad at base of neck more right sided....anyway, it would be about the right time to feel all of this as what steroid was put in, would of helped keep some of the swelling and pain down thus making it somewhat bearable, but it has worn off and the swelling is what is causing the pinching of the nerve now as well no pain control left in the area...my neurosurgeon in fact suggested I should sue him, but right now not up to anything like that, just want to get through this alive and able to walk. That dr who did the epidural, I said to him, don't you want to look at the pics and reports from the dr who does this regularly for me as he is the director of epidurals at UCD and that is all he does day in day out and said was hardest one he had ever done...and the dr reply, oh I have done thousands of these, should be no problems...

Then after the epidural he called me at home every day for a week asking how I was, he knew he screwed up and I knew it to, just did not know how bad, will find out soon enough I am sure!

And 10 days post epidural he had me come in for follow up, looked at lump which is 3 fingers wide and round and said I thought you said it was huge,,,I said no I said it was large, asshole! He pokes fun at me at every visit, I hate him! But have no car an unable to get to another pain clinic so am stuck! I would of gone to UCD, but no one to go with me most of the time.

Then last Thursday the day I went to the ER, I get a call from that bad dr office saying how he is lightening his work load and I will now be seeing a new physician who will be working there..his way of getting rid of me, I hate him anyway no love loss there,,in fact when I was in the ambulance he was in his car right behind me and I waved and flipped him the bird Had to call his office per dr Panchal and tell them if I am sent to that ER and his office is called as they are on the "list" they are to send me to UCD..anyay,

Too stressed to finish my coffee even just crazy time, but am sure he did the main damage I am dealing with now