View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 02:50 PM

this will all be done in the same surgery except the lumbar and rest of t spine if I make it through this, I will need surgery on my t spine and lumbar also, bad but this is first, dam ribs hurt bad right now, he did say that will go away if anything to look forward to that is the only thing......c4 qn c5 anterior cervical discectomy and fusion with bolts and screws and bone grafts and so on,, c3 to c6 posterior decompression laminectomy, c2 to T2 posterior fusion with all the hardware autograft/allograft, forgot what he is doing to c2, scares me to remember, and due to disphagia , more than likely will never be able to eat again but through a feeding tube as surgery will make the condition worse as nerves already not firing in esophagus, also risk c5 motor root paralysis and blindness, and death, as well as paralyzation, by the time he was done telling me this I was in a blurr, then he started talking about the rest of my spine and the other surgeries that have to be done, almost as bad, but not as urgent.....will be a few weeks to get testing done, and he order a ton of them and wants tooth infection taken care of as he said can't do any of this for a few weeks until it is cleared as it will be in blood and bone and I will need to see cardiologist for clearance of infection and heart, but if paralysis continues he will do it and load me up on antibiotics if I can't get to dentist to. Was just way to much more than I was ready to hear! And I asked him do you feel you can do this? And he said yes and he is the only one in CA that can if anyone can, I said I know I did my homework on you long ago, you are the best for what I have, and for that I am grateful, and I asked him if anything went wrong to please just UP the anasthsia and let me go, as will be left with enough to live with should I live through it..he said can't do that either he said the surgery will be no less than 16 hrs and close to 20 with NO complications, will get blood infusions an so on...should I make it though it, and have feeling in legs after a week or 2 in hospital I can be sent home as long as someone is here to care for me,,working on that with Nadira now,,omg rib killing me tonight bad, am sure from the stress and spasms...so tomorrow need to hitch hike to dentist, no other options, and friday need to get to GP and get some bloodwork done and other stuff he ordered set up, then Monday see creepy pain doc that did bad epidural that set all this in motion and need to be put on duladid with histamine to control pain if not allergic to it and get more cortisone injections as ribs hurt so bad right now.....then tomorrow and Friday will get info and apts set with all other docs, he said there will be no less than 5 docs involved with this surgery maybe more,,,,I NEED ANOTHER BEER lol! Way to much for me to begin to comprehend right now! He said no more buses to much danger of neck bones moving from jerky stops and so on, called insurance again, no luck, will still not take me anywhere under 40 miles just so sad right now so sad wish to god I had a friend here!