View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 11:33 PM

Default dr. rinpul panchal?

I'm not sure I got the first name right but when I looked him he is listed as a DO (osteopathic doctor) and board certified in neurology not neurosurgery. Also seems like his experience is very limited in terms of years practicing.

I may have the wrong person. Is the surgeon going to be someone else? I hope so with all that surgery you mentioned I would want to go to someone that has had at least 7-10 years worth of surgical experience under their belt and loads of experience doing what is needed. Ok I think now I see there's another person with the same name I believe that is a neurosurgeon in Sacramento .. is this the surgeon? Sorry .. don't mean to be rude or impertinent and I imagine that you of all people since your uncle was a neurosurgeon are going to be very careful about who's doing surgery on you as long as you're able to pick the best (sometimes insurance doesn't allow for that).

RE dental work... I always have the dentist lie me down completely to work on me as my low back feels great when this is done (and even better if my head is a bit lower than the rest of my bod) and then a nice cush of towels under my neck .. It bugs me a lot to have my mouth open for any amount of time for dental work.. usually I get migraines with the lights above too so have to cover my eyes and be as relaxed as possible. I often leave with neck pain if I've been too tense and had my mouth open for longer than an hour (like when I had a root canal).

It sounds like you have a bit of time at least before your surgery re clearing up the dental infection...

Yeah that idea about becoming paralyzed maybe because the thought of surgery is so overwhelming is probably something like what I'd be thinking too but then again hopefully if it can be avoided that sounds best and then the other surgeries can be done at a later date.

It does sound quite overwhelming though the best one can do is take it one day at a time and try to prioritize and get thru what is most necessary.

Are you thinking about getting a 2nd opinion at all? If there's time and you have insurance I would as that is one thing that just about every insurance will pay for is a 2nd surgical opinion esp. one of this magnitude. I think surgeons should encourage it as well with regard to the degree or magnitude of surgery that you've mentioned.

I suppose having an uncle that was a top neurosurgeon probably gave you an edge there though with knowing more about your condition than most would know. Sorry to read he's no longer around. I'm sure now would be one of those times you really wish he was!

take care and best wishes each day (I tend to freak out thinking about surgery!)!! Maria

Last edited by Maria; 01-23-2014 at 11:43 PM.