View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 12:07 AM

yes same Panchal, no he is does not have the most amount of years, but is highly recommended in this area, as well is the only Dr that treats patients with my disease Chairi Malformation (hereditary) along with Syringomyelia from c6 to T1,,he does the most difficult cases no one will touch in Northern CA....I have been to 6 others,,as well.

My spinal stinosis is due to a car accident back in the early 80's, as well as other spine issues.

I did call my other neurosurgeon in Oregon who used to be one of the head in research for this to consult with him on it, Dr Neuwelt, now ones of the heads at OHSU, as good as they come, as well my dr agreed to with him as well.

Dr Neuwelt called me this afternoon and agreed with him on the procedure as well the necessity and said I would be in the best of care with Dr Panchal, which meant allot coming from Dr Neuwelt for me, and was a no charge consult, he has treated me for many years and is well aware of the conditions am dealing with.

So yes, I do feel he is qualified enough for this,,but am questioning myself weather or not to let myself just go paralyzed and pass from it, as it will shut down my nervous system also. And try to enjoy what little time I have left.

Or go through with it and pray for the best outcome, that will for sure be a much lesser quality of life and will include some partial paralysis in the arms that is a given, as well the feeding tube most likely..

Just do not know what to do I have no question about his skills, have a few apts he is setting up as well a psych apt as is necessary for this type of surgery should I decide to go through with it all...

Besides myself what to do