View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 07:44 PM

Default re invasive surgery ..

I worked as an RN/NP and I always advised people not to have let's say two bunionectomies at the same time or cervical surgery and lumbar surgery at the same time if whatever was ordered was elective surgery. When it's of an emergency nature then I feel it's the surgeon's call however I also feel that a number of 2nd opinions would be requisite (time permitting) if it were me having said surgeries...

Now .. because it isn't me and because I do not have the conditions you do nor am I in any way knowledgeable enough to even comment on your situation as to whether you should or whether you shouldn't with exception to whatever I've already commented I'd at least recommend visiting some other well traveled spine websites and also recommend that if you've not spoken directly to mmglobal perhaps you should as Mark may just be able to be enough of a sounding board to maybe help you out a bit more than any other of us could that are responding.

There is one spine website I'd like to refer you to but for the life of me cannot remember it since I no longer frequent it and haven't for a few years. There is the Massachusetts General Neurological forums that I think "were" incredibly instrumental in helping so many of us especially about 15 years back like when Mark (mmglobal) was making his decision to get lumbar ADRs done.

Please start a separate topic post and reach out to see if someone here that is better updated than myself can inform you or reach out to Mark (mmglobal) and also try the search function.

Are you alone in this decision? I am pretty much on my own and I know that everything is that much harder when we are so please .. keep trying to get your answers~ there are so many people out there that have been thru all kinds of stuff spine wise. You need them.. their input, their support.

Godspeed~ Maria