View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 04:14 PM

The biggest thing I have learned the past 2 weeks is that in the state of CA, Dr's that take your insurance, do not have to provide the same services as another Dr, they get to pick and choose in other words! Unlike most states, if your insurance is accepted, they all provide the same service,,not in CA! You need to shop around!!! For instance, last week I was told that 1 dentist in town took my insurance, and they would be more than happy to remove my tooth,,for me that was just not good enough so I called the insurance rep and got a list of every dentist in a 50 mile radius and called them all to see what they do and do not do,,and yes found a good one! I another city, but worth the effort, as there is NOTHING wrong with my tooth, just a small bone spur that needs removal at some point but can be put off for a long time, going to oral surgeon for evaluation,,,and he is ALSO covered as well as his procedures! So you have to "shop" in CA, it is a pain in the butt,,,,ya have to do it!!! Good luck!