View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 03:26 PM

Default re living in FL

While I liked the winter there I didn't like the summer which could last anywhere from May to usually beginning of November with incredible heat and humidity. Esp. July on... rain pretty much daily I think like Aug thru Oct and the biggest bugs I've ever seen except maybe when in parts of Mexico!

My arthritis didn't respond well to the humidity at all. In fact I think my hands hurt so much in the summer there I almost didn't feel how much my back hurt!

So while I know there are many people that love to live in Florida I was not one of them. Also I was not able to even find one spine doctor that would see me because my back is covered by CA WC and also only 1 PM out of 200 that I checked with would see me and we had to drive an hour each way for me to see him then sit and wait for 2 hours to be seen for 2 minutes and drive back.. it was pretty bad really, at least for me.

I'm good with staying right here in good ol' SoCal or CA (southern because it was warmer than living in SF back when I used to live there) in the Richmond district.

Sometimes there are some good rates on flights from Oakland/ SF to San Diego or LAX. I see Fairfield is about 38 miles from SF and 33 from Oakland.. so guess you're not that close to the airports but not super far away and then I don't have any idea how well you travel.. I can only take so much bouncing around and now that my feet are problematic things are a bit more "challenging" to deal with~

Last edited by Maria; 01-26-2014 at 03:35 PM.